A bit of history ...

The recreation ground has been in use since at least 1877 and was conveyed to the parish of Morden by the Drax family in 1929.  A small wood and corrugated iron village hall had earlier been erected on this land and this was later extended to provide basic sports changing facilities for the users of the playing field. 






The old  and much loved "tin hut" village hall which served the village from 1927 to 2004